When we think of beetroot, salads or juices might be the first dishes that come to mind.
However, this crimson gem is incredibly versatile, making its way into unconventional recipes while still packing a heart-healthy punch.
Let's unearth the creative side of beetroot with some quirky and delicious recipes that might just become your new favorites.
Whipping Up Wonders with Beetroot:
Beetroot's natural sweetness and vibrant color lend themselves wonderfully to a range of dishes. Whether it's a warm comforting drink, a baked delight, or a refreshing frozen treat, beets have got you covered. Dive into these unique recipes that make the most out of this heart-friendly ingredient.
Move over, traditional coffee. Start your morning with this pink-hued drink, blending beetroot powder, almond milk, and a touch of honey.
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 tsp beetroot powder (available at health food stores)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Warm the almond milk in a saucepan until it's just about to boil.
- Stir in the beetroot powder until fully dissolved.
- Add honey or maple syrup and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Whisk until frothy and pour into your favorite mug. Enjoy this heart-healthy twist to your morning routine.
Beet and Chocolate Muffins
Yes, you read that right! These muffins are moist, slightly sweet, and filled with the goodness of beets.
- 1 cup beet puree (boiled beets blended into a smooth paste)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tray with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beet puree, cocoa powder, flour, honey, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool and enjoy your heart-friendly treat!
A refreshing summer treat made from beet juice, lime, and a hint of mint.
- 1 cup beet juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- A few mint leaves (chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours or until solid. Enjoy this refreshing treat on a hot day, knowing it's doing wonders for your heart!
So with all the awesome stuff beets do for our hearts, why not get a bit creative with them?
Next time you’re craving for some sweet treats , think of these fun recipes.