If you want to feel energetic, maintain a healthy weight, and boost your immunity then you need to detox your liver regularly.
Why? Because the liver is the largest internal organ and its main job is to neutralize toxins in your body.
Today, I’ll share with you 3 smoothies that will flush out toxins from your liver:
#1 Spicy Liver Flush Smoothie
Crisp, fresh, and spicy. This smoothie is filled with antioxidants, vitamins, and anti-inflammatory ingredients that will purify your body from the inside out.
- juice of 3 oranges
- juice of 1 lemon (or lime)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon peeled, roughly chopped fresh turmeric (or 1/2 teaspoon ground organic turmeric)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
DIRECTIONSPut all ingredients in a blender and process until liquified. Drink at least 30 minutes before your next meal.
#2 Liver Purifying Beet Juice
This bright red smoothie is filled with beets that have been used as a liver remedy for centuries. It is also packed with veggies and other superfoods that support your body’s natural detoxification process.
- ½ beet
- ½ cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 large handful of spinach (or 2 stalks Swiss Chard)
- 1 handful of parsley (or Dandelion roots)
- ½ medium lemon (juice of)
Blend all the ingredients and drink the juice immediately.
#3 Green Liver Detox Smoothie
This delicious smoothie is chock full of veggies that support optimal liver function.
1 small green apple, diced and frozen.
- 1 zucchini, diced and frozen.
- 1/4 avocado, diced and frozen.
- 1 cup mixed greens like broccoli florets, watercress, beetroot greens, silverbeet, kale, or spinach.
- 1/4 cup coriander or parsley (or both!).
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, ground.
- 1/2 lemon, juiced.
- 2 cups of coconut water.
Place all ingredients into a blender, blitz on high for 30 seconds or until smooth. Enjoy
There you have it, 3 super delicious liver cleansing recipes
to keep your body healthy and free of toxins.
Enjoy the smoothies, they’re good for you!