Oven Fried Chicken Drumsticks
Posted by Simple Promise on
This amazing recipe uses a secret ingredient: a Greek yogurt marinade, making this a delicious healthy “fried” chicken option.
Test Kitchen Approved
Prep Time: 20 mins + marinating
Bake Time: 40 mins
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 chicken drumsticks (4 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- In a large bowl or dish, combine yogurt, mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425°
- In another bowl, mix flour, paprika, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from marinade and add, 1 piece at a time, to flour mixture; toss to coat.
- Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken internal temperature reaches 170°-175°.
2 drumsticks, 227 calories
Saturated Fat 1g