If you're ever feeling like you've overdone it on the weekend, your best bet is to eat more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, healthy proteins, fats and follow a healthy, balanced diet the rest of your week.
(Stay tuned, because the following detox smoothie can certainly help with that.)
Since most of us don't eat enough fruits and vegetables, smoothies can be a great way to help you meet your fruit and vegetable goals for the day.
Unlike juicing, blending fruits and vegetables into smoothies keeps the beneficial fiber needed to fill you up, keep your blood sugar from spiking, and help poop more regularly.
Simple Detox Smoothie
- 1/2 cup water (or your favorite juice)
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- small handful fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve right away.
Feel free to make any substitutions that you would rather enjoy.
Basil is a good alternative for the cilantro, and frozen mango can work great instead of pineapple. If you don’t like bananas in your smoothies, try using 1/4 of an avocado instead to make it more creamy.
To your health,
The Simple Promise Team